Withdrawal of the proposal of JSW Utkal Steel Limited’s proposed project site near the Paradip port in Jagatsinghpur district, Odisha based on the inadequate and fraudulent EIA report. New Delhi: On 27th January 2022, an online press conference was held by Delhi...
Friends of the Earth India
Friends of the Earth India (FoE India) is a membership based “not- for-profit”, “non- government”, “non-party” and “autonomous entity” without specific ethnic, religious or political character, working primarily for the protection of environment and mother earth rights.
Core Values and Vision
1. The association envisions the world as being peaceful and sustainable, based on societies living in harmony with nature; a society of interdependent people living in dignity, wholeness and fulfillment in which equity and human and peoples’ rights are realized and built upon peoples’ sovereignty and participation.
2. It believes in intrinsic life giving force of nature and its inextricable link with human civilization, and responsibility towards its sustenance through inclusive and diverse decision making processes.
3. It will be founded on social, economic, gender and environmental justice and free from all forms of domination and exploitation, such as neoliberalism, corporate globalization, neo-colonialism and militarism.
4. It see itself as a part of worldwide grassroots environmental network campaigning for an ecologically sustainable, just and peaceful world. It is vibrant, credible and effective, driving social transformation and securing sustainable, gender just and equitable societies.
5. Its strength comes from solidarity, passion, and shared beliefs; its members respect for each other and value their diversity; they are able to inspire and bring about change by living according to its values, learning from experiences.
The association is inspired by indigenous knowledge, their cultures and struggles to defend and conserve nature, challenge the comate climate crisis threatening the very basis of the human civilization. We believe in building trust and respect for diverse knowledge systems and practices and learn from each other in building systems and processes for effective facilitation, exchange, campaign, knowledge creation and ultimately building friendships and alliances with a belief that the future generations will be better because of what we do today.
- To collectively ensure environmental and social justice, human dignity, and respect for human rights and peoples’ rights so as to secure sustainable societies.
- To end environmental degradation and depletion of natural resources, and reverse the development practices in favour of environment and communities, nurture the earth’s ecological and cultural diversity, and secure sustainable livelihoods.
- To join hands in the empowerment of indigenous peoples, historically oppressed communities, communities discriminated on religious grounds and discriminated genders and to enable participation of these communities in the decision making processes.
- To bring social transformation which is inclusive and justice oriented and ensures equity between and within societies with creative approaches and scientific solutions.
- To engage in vibrant campaigns, awareness raising, mobilisation, building alliances between diverse movements and linking grassroots, national and global struggles.
- To inspire, harness, strengthen and complement each other’s capacities and build processes and practices reflecting our ideas and visions while working together in solidarity
Friends of the Earth India
On 6 November, while tens of thousands of activists braved the elements to demand climate action in Glasgow, amid the ongoing United Nations climate conference, it was the youth organisations of Tamil Nadu and Himachal Pradesh that offered solidarity in both corners...
Friends of the Earth Asia Pacific is proud to announce the formation of Friends of the Earth India. Friends of the Earth has member groups in over 70 countries, uniting over 2.2 million members and supporters. During this year's Friends of the Earth International...