Country Context The political situation in Sri Lanka is in flux, and space for civil society is shrinking. This situation is exacerbated because Sri Lanka’s environmental laws are poorly enforced, and people lack faith in the legal system. Environmental, resource, and...
Centre for Environmental Justice
Centre for Environmental Justice is a social service environmental organisation based in Sri Lanka with the mission for Protecting the equal environmental rights of the people & environment and promote ecological sustainability by supporting ecologically sound community activities. Our vision is “Environmental Justice for all”.
CEJ’s Goals and Objectives
- To sharpen public debate on environmental good governance.
- Promote ecologically sustainable development and environmentally responsible neighborhoods,
- Safeguard nature and people from environmentally & socially irresponsible activities and human rights violations,
- Promote community participation in decision making in natural resources and,
- Promote environmental justice and equity through legal and other means.
Friends of the Earth Sri Lanka / Center for Environmental Justice
Address: 20A Kuruppu Road
08 Colombo, Sri Lanka
Phone: +94 11 268 3282
Contact: Friends of the Earth Sri Lanka / Center for Environmental Justice
In 2015, the Centre for Environmental Justice/Friends of the Earth Sri Lanka filed a legal action against the Conservator General of Forest, former Minister Rishard Badiuddin, and five others regarding forest destruction north of Wilpathu national park. The area...
In Celebrating the International Lead Poisoning Prevention Week of Action, Centre for Environmental Justice (CEJ)/Friends of the Earth Sri Lanka and IPEN (International Pollutants Elimination Network) reminds the public to avoid sources of lead poisoning in order to...