Asia is drowning in plastic, with national production and imports from the global north resulting in devastating environmental and human health impacts. Most South and East Asian Countries, including Sri Lanka, do not have proper waste management strategies,...
Centre for Environmental Justice
Centre for Environmental Justice is a social service environmental organisation based in Sri Lanka with the mission for Protecting the equal environmental rights of the people & environment and promote ecological sustainability by supporting ecologically sound community activities. Our vision is “Environmental Justice for all”.
CEJ’s Goals and Objectives
- To sharpen public debate on environmental good governance.
- Promote ecologically sustainable development and environmentally responsible neighborhoods,
- Safeguard nature and people from environmentally & socially irresponsible activities and human rights violations,
- Promote community participation in decision making in natural resources and,
- Promote environmental justice and equity through legal and other means.
Friends of the Earth Sri Lanka / Center for Environmental Justice
Address: 20A Kuruppu Road
08 Colombo, Sri Lanka
Phone: +94 11 268 3282
Contact: Friends of the Earth Sri Lanka / Center for Environmental Justice
CEJ seek justice for the social and environmental damage caused by MV ‘X-PRESS PEARL’ Cargo Vessel Fire
In May 2021, a fire broke out onboard MV X-Press Pearl, a Singaporean container ship near Colombo harbor, causing severe damage to the ocean and coastal belt. Since the disaster, the coastline has been inundated with dead marine life, and micro-plastic nurdles have...
On Monday, 5 April 2021, Sri Lankan President Gotabaya Rajapaksha issued a gazette banning oil palm cultivation in Sri Lanka (gazette No. 2222/13). President Rajapaksha stated that "representations have been made to me that the oil palm cultivation already widespread...