We are looking for a Cross Programme Campaign Coordinator to join Friends of the Earth Asia Pacific.
Position Title: Cross Program Campaign Coordinator
Position: Part time 2 days a week
Project Period: One year, starting in January 2022
Salary: Commensurate with the national standard and the host organisation’s salary register.
About the role:
FoE Asia Pacific is seeking an enthusiastic, collaborative and experienced campaigner to implement a new project, coordinating our regional structures and member groups to facilitate a new regional and multidisciplinary environmental justice campaign.
The role will involve facilitating initial research and planning to build our understanding of the connections and impacts of these interconnected issues. The successful candidate will be required to development an action plan that clarifies the institutional and legislative targets so we can mobilise our network to demand socially just biodiversity and climate solutions in national and international forums.
Responsibilities, tasks and accountability
- Organise online strategy meeting(s) with key FoE Asia Pacific member groups and structures to develop a regional strategy, advocacy goals/demands and an activity plan
- Monitor and implement the above activity plan
- Produce a report of mapping key biomass/bioenergy and nature-based solution projects, carbon market schemes, and policies in the Asia Pacific region with selected short case studies
- Arrange the production of online communication tools (e.g. social media memes, infographics, blogs or statements) in consultation with the FoE Asia Pacific communications coordinator
- Share project updates and outputs to the FoE Asia Pacific network
- Disseminate and promote the positions and materials produced by this project
- Organise online meetings and events in cooperation with the FoE Asia Pacific online event coordinator to mobilize FoE member groups and allies for advocacy (towards their national governments and international bodies such as ADB, AIID, CPTPP, UN Human Rights Council, UNFCCC and CBD)
- Any other tasks as assigned by the FoE Asia Pacific Regional Facilitator
The preferred candidate will be:
- Committed to the mission and vision of Friends of the Earth International; the creation of a society of interdependent peoples living in dignity, wholeness and fulfillment in which equity and human and peoples’ rights are realized
- Ideally active, experienced in, or familiar with the Programme areas and campaigns of FoE International and associated with or based in a FoE Asia Pacific member group
- Based in a low, low middle or middle income country in which there is an existing FoE member group (i.e. Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Papua New Guinea, Palestine, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Timor-Leste) and the candidate will work and be based out of the FoE group
- Passion for environmental justice in the Asia Pacific Region
- Proficient English skills, both speaking and writing
- Strong organisational and facilitation skills
- Research skills, including engaging report writing
- Experience in designing and managing campaigns, strategic thinking
- Familiar with online meeting and communication tools e.g. zoom, slack
- Experience in developing content for social media, writing for web
- Reliable access to the Internet, and the ability to be responsive
- Enthusiasm for creating well run and maybe even fun online meetings!
- An understanding of and experience working in the Friends of the Earth federation and the Asia Pacific region
Read the full position description here.
How to apply: Please apply by sending a resume and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
Revised closing date: December 10, 2021